Friday, July 13, 2012

July 13, 2012

Nice to be back home for the weekend! Hope everyone's week went well! So let's get back to where I left off from yesterday, readers. You guys must be dying to hear what happens next, I know. The suspense is killing me, and I'm the one telling the tale! 
Okay, on a much, much more depressing note, I'd like to show you a video clip. This clip is of a whale being harpooned by a Japanese harpooning vessel, so this may be too graphic for some of you. The clip's link is below the picture.

When I saw this, I didn't want to watch. But I couldn't stop watching still. Imagine that this happens to 1,000 whales. One thousand. I don't know where you stand on this, but let me tell you, I am completely against it. Whaling shouldn't still be happening! It's just ridiculous.
These whales are intelligent beings, capable of socializing and migrating thousands of miles by memory. Shouldn't they be protected by the IWC and humans all over the world? They play an extremely significant role in the marine ecosystem.
Plus, the whales that have been killed "for research" are then cut up, packaged, shipped to Japan, and sold in markets and restaurants. That doesn't make too much sense...I didn't know research specimens could be eaten by the masses. 
Good news in this awful story of death and decline. Thank goodness, right? It was getting pretty bad there. Like there would be no hope for these creatures. On the contrary, there are people out there that are doing something about all this! People linked with GreenPeace and the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society have made it a main priority to save these whales who can't stand up for themselves.
If you would like to find out more about it or give to a cause, here are some links to do so:
Okay, there ya go. Remember kids, knowledge is power! Have fun learning! Bye!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger