Tuesday, July 17, 2012

July 17, 2012

Ahh, what a relaxing day! Just sitting here at the library, working on my research, listening to music, reading books, Facebook stalking. Don't judge; you and the rest of the Facebook world do it. And then I have my magical snack, dried pineapple. If you haven't tried dried pineapple, you haven't lived. Everyone should try it! Unless you're allergic.
I have this somewhat addiction I must tell all of you about. It's not embarrassing to me, but whenever I tell people about this addiction they act like I should be embarrassed. Hmm...still not embarrassed, though.
Hello, my name is Claire, and I'm addicted to Planet Earth. Not the actual planet (although maybe) but the television documentary series. Yes, the one that Sigourney Weaver narrates. Yes, the one that came on BBC and Animal Planet. And, yes, I will show you a clip. Because it's amazing and all people should love it just as much as I do! 
This isn't Sigourney Weaver talking, but it's still a clip that was from the "Shallow Seas" episode of the Planet Earth series from America. Still awesome. Hydroplaning dolphins?? I mean, who knew, right? I can't imagine if I were walking down a beach and all of the sudden a pod of dolphins start pumping their tails and skimming onto the shoreline right next to me. Tell me that isn't cool. 
Have you ever been up close to a dolphin before? You know, you see them in movies and other television specials but many viewers don't realize how big they are. And powerful. I got the chance to swim with a dolphin in Florida when I was a young teen. I regret it, actually, but that's a whole different story. When I went to Australia I fed some wild dolphins on the beach, and that was much cooler. 
Be sure to lurk around my site and see what you can learn about the marine world! And how you, yes, you, can help save it! Well, I better get back to my research and Facebook stalking. And dried pineapple. Yumm...
  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger