Monday, July 23, 2012

July 23, 2012

I just love whale sharks. Like, it's kind of a problem. But a good one I want to hold onto for the rest of my days. Is it okay to be obsessed like that? Oh well.
I love this video, too! Why? Because it's about whale sharks, of course! I can't seem to get over their awesomeness. So guess what I do when I'm bored...Google search the migration patterns of whale sharks. Yes. I do. I google it to see if I might make my next trip near a hotspot so I can swim with one. But, of course, not much is known about the species in general except for general anatomy, feeding habits, and geographical hotspots. Every time I google it, it never fails. Gosh, I feel like I'm telling you guys my inner secrets. 
However, just recently I found this awesome website all about whale sharks. I know, it's such a life-changing discovery! This Whale Shark Project website has everything. History, biology, geographical hotspots, distribution, etc. Lord, thank you! 
Voila! A map of whale shark distribution! I now know where I need to go in my hunt for whale sharks! (Not a real hunt, I'm not a ghastly shark-finner) Actually, I've been around the red area in the Gulf of Mexico, but still I've not seen one. Maybe they are playing hide and seek with me. I can't tell you why, really. 
But let me tell you this: when I see one in real life in the ocean, I will be a different person. No joke! I don't know how that will happen, but it will change my life. I just know it. 
Have you ever had that feeling? Like you know something is about to happen but you don't know when it'll come about? And you know it'll change you for the better. Or for the worse. And you just want it to happen! 
I don't know any of you, but I'm going to make a guess that some of you might be wired like me. I just want to have control! Control of everything that happens! If not, then I will go insane! There's a beauty to this, though. Despite the chaos of trying to contain the chaos in my brain, there's this force other than me that can take it all away. My God. When I just can't take any more burdens (of which I usually put on myself), He can lift them off of me and I can live for Him rather than for myself or those heavisome burdens. 
I know, I'm all over the place. More later! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger